Friday, April 12, 2013

Officially Official...

After many thoughts, prayers, math problems, and pulling my hair out...our family has made the decision that I will be a Stay at Home Mommy!!!
 
My last official day at the hospital was last week, although, since I'm still "on maternity leave" I didn't have to actually work it. That was bittersweet, because when I went out on maternity leave, I didn't know that my last day would REALLY be my "last day". I wanted to cause a little chaos before I left for good, but I'll have to leave that fun to someone else.

 
I will definitely miss the lab, the hospital, and all of my crazy lab friends. The blood, goo, and general craziness of working in a lab will be missed also. I'm gonna hang on to my certification, and can hopefully hop back into the craziness one day once the babies are in school.
 
In the meantime, my days are filled with cooking, cleaning, reading, changing diapers, washing clothes, running errands, organizing, and keeping two babies as happy and healthy as I can.
 
Gray enjoyed "Daddy Day Care" for 2 1/2 years, so having Mommy home now has been quite an adjustment, but we're getting there.
 
I have decided that being a stay at home mom is easy. But being a stay at home mom with a clean and organized house and two little ones....is a challenge! In the process of cleaning one mess, or cooking supper, or doing laundry...another mess begins to find its way into our living room. It makes for a busy day, but seeing my babies happy is worth it.
 
Now that summer is coming, we're looking forward to playing outside! I missed so much last year from having to sleep the day away just to get up and go to work.
 
We're enjoying this fun new challenge, and learning together along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...