Thursday, November 15, 2012

Baby Things- a quilt top

The sewing machine has been whirring around our house lately! I'm counting down the months/weeks until baby boy gets here, and realizing that I'm quickly running out of time to complete projects!!
 
So last week I busted out the rotary cutter and my lovely stack of Fabric from Sarah Jane's "Out to Sea" line.



During one very sleepless night, I decided it was time to piece the quilt top together. Unlike my usual quilting, I pinned and ironed, every. single. piece while I was piecing. It was a lot of extra work, but the sharp corners are totally worth it.



Now I'm waiting patiently completely impatiently for my walking foot to come in the mail. I've decided that it's time to try to quilt something well. Hopefully this quilt will be free from the shifting and puckers of quilts past.
 
Until it comes, I have TONS more projects to work on, including sewing for Christmas, nursery decor, and sewing up a few cloth diapers. Every project off the list is a relief at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...