Sunday, March 18, 2012

Speckled Frame {Tutorial}

As part of our "Living Room Makeover" I've been adding touches of our new accent color. I had some blue spray paint left over from my Robin's Egg Wreath and decided to make a few accessories blue.

I had an old black frame that I wasn't using laying around in my craft room, and decided that it was going to be blue.

I wanted the paint to be a little distressed, or "speckled", and I LOVE the way it turned out.

Here's how you do it

Materials:
Frame
Spray Paint
Water spray bottle


Lay your frame on a piece of paper, or drop cloth in a well ventilated area outside.

Spritz the frame with water leaving tiny misty drops. You don't want it so wet that the water is running off.


Immediately spray your frame with spray paint. Give it a good coat, because you'll only do one coat of paint.


Allow it to dry. The water droplets will create a fun SPECKLED look on your frame!!


Insert your favorite picture or printable and enjoy!


You can find the "Blessings" printable HERE 
in 5 fun colors!

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! I would love for you to link up at my Linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of the water droplets thing. I will definitely be using that tip in the future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...