Monday, February 6, 2012

{Tutorial} Vintage-y Napkin Rings

While preparing for our Tea Party coming up....I decided our table needed a few more accessories! My Fine China is a wonderful pink and green vintage pattern, given to me by my Grandma. It sits Oh So Pretty displayed in my china hutch for me to look at when I walk by. The Tea Party we have every year is a wonderful excuse reason to get it out and actually USE it. Lets face it...how often do we actually use fine china??

So to match my china, I'm working on making some pretty cloth napkins (coming soon), and I wanted to wrap them in some vintage-esque goodness witout having to actually FIND some vintage napkin rings. These would be perfect for any occasion or could be made to match any china.


Let's get started:

Materials:
1 package wood/plastic napkin rings (I used unfinished wood, found at Hobby Lobby)
1 roll 2" wide lace
1 roll 1" wide ribbon, any color
Glue Gun


Measure around the outside of your napkin rings and add 1/4". Cut strips of your lace and ribbon to this length. Cut as many strips as you have rings.
Tip: use pinking sheers to cut the ribbon to keep it from fraying


Place a small strip of hot glue along the width of the napkin ring and attach one end of your lace. Make sure it overhangs on both sides evenly.


Wrap the lace around the ring, and secure the other end with a strip of hot glue.


Do the same with your piece of ribbon, centering it on your napkin ring.


Now you have sweet and vintage-y napkin rings to adorn your table setting!!

I like the look of the natural wood, but you can certainly paint your napkin rings before covering them if you prefer white or another color!


I can't wait to show you pictures of everything together at the Tea Party!

4 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love this, you can make some for every season/holiday. Great job!

    Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE these! So simple to make and they look beautiful.

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/02/pinteresting-party-week-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute! I love the idea.

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beuaty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...